I’ve seen “30 before 30” lists on a lot of blogs in the past, and because I’m in my twenties, I thought I’d make one for myself! Some of the items on the list are simple, but others will take a little bit of planning and effort to accomplish. As I cross things off the list, I’ll share the stories with you!
1. Learn how to play guitar.
2. Climb a mountain all the way to the top.
3. Go back to Granada.
4. Travel abroad alone.
5. Keep a blog going at least through grad school.
6. Plant a vegetable garden.
7. Learn how to can.
Run a 5k. Cheetah Run 5k at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens (9/1/13)
9. Run a half marathon.
10. Learn how to sew.
11. Buy a really nice camera and learn how to use it.
12. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail.
13. Sponsor a child in a third world country.
14. Go to Niagara Falls.
15. Learn American Sign Language.
16. Make a scrapbook.
17. Write thank you notes all the time.
19. Go on at least one road trip with a friend or friends.
20. Do a really long Facebook fast.
21. Submit something I’ve written for publication.
22. Go on a picnic date in a park.
23. Sing in front of an audience again.
24. Make a full meal for my family.
25. Have a dinner party.
26. Go dancing.
27. Make a meal plan for a week and actually stick to it.
28. Go to the midnight showings for at least three movies I want to see. Movie #1: The Hunger Games (3/23/12)
29. Watch the classic movies they talk about on Gilmore Girls. (I’ll come up with a list of these at some point!)
30. Write a love letter every day for a week.